On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 07:40 pm, James McDonald wrote:

James:

Well !!!!!!!!!!!!!

> KEITH install libglade2-devel
>
> Mine had that exact error aswell and after Installed the devel package I
> finally got the gtk interface YE HAR!
>
> It's on CD3 of the Mandrake distributions CDs
>
> Also I found the code that does the check for the right environment
>
> pkg-config gtk+-2.0 exists
> echo $?
> pkg-config gmodule-2.0 --exists
> echo $?
> pkg-config libglade-2.0 --exists
> echo $?
>
> The echo should be zero if you have the package.

Did the above, should I get no return at all at the prompt ?
That is what I am getting just a return prompt.

Well at least my computer is stubborn and consistent:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] linux-2.6.0-test1]# make gconfig
*
* Unable to find the GTK+ installation. Please make sure that
* the GTK+ 2.0 development package is correctly installed...
* You need gtk+-2.0, glib-2.0 and libglade-2.0.
*
make[1]: *** [scripts/kconfig/.tmp_gtkcheck] Error 1
make: *** [scripts/kconfig/gconf] Error 2

This was after the install of libglade-2.0 ???????????

--
Keith Antoine (GANDALF) aka 'SKIPPY'
18 Arkana St, The Gap, Queensland 4061, Australia:: PH:61733002161