> While we are discussing email and spam, I was
> wondering if anyone had any experience with CLAM
> anti-virus, found at http://clamav.elektrapro.com/ ?
>
> I'm looking at anti-virus solutions for a Linux
> mailserver now that Microsoft has bought RAV and is in
> the process of shutting it down.
>
> Gary

I've been using it for months without problems...well, they've had a few
problems with their site when trying to get virus update files but those
were quickly resolved.

Actually, I use MailScanner and have installed both F-Prot and ClamAV.
F-Prot is free for non-commercial users.  MailScanner installs seamlessly
requiring no changes to sendmail (also works with Postfix and Exim).
MailScanner calls the installed virus scanners (it supports about a dozen)
to check the mail.  MailScanner also uses SpmaAssassin if that's installed
to weed out spam.

MailScanner also takes care of polling for virus updates for any installed
packages.  It's a great program!

All programs are easily installed and work well.

Gerry