Thanks Matt,

I have that setup and it looks like it should work, but I need to stop and restart both processes before it actually works. (SuSE also doesn't seem to pickup netbios over IPX like Caldera did so that is causing some changes...) It bothers me but I won't be digging into it until after finals next Friday. Monitoring the traffic on this list constitutes my only break from the books. This is saved and I will puzzle it out next weekend.

-- Alma

Matthew Carpenter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Fri, 1 Aug 2003 01:47:19 -0400

chkconfig smb on
chkconfig nmb on

They separated the file service from the name service so they both need to be started... The chkconfig utility is quite nice.

On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 19:33:43 -0500