On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 12:38:34 -0400
Matthew Carpenter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> hmmmm....  This is still required to use smbmount... I'm not certain
> about smbfs and /etc/fstab...
>
> Did you try the "password=" attribute?  Since most people don't do a
> blank password or a guest account, this may be a requirement...

Yes.  I've gotten used to smbclient now - transfer anything I need to my
side of the connection.  About the only thing I need this for is to burn
cds.  My older cdwriter package won't install on [EMAIL PROTECTED] WinXP, and I'm too
cheap to buy a new one.  Also, I still have Win98 on this machine, so I
can always boot that up if I can't get to the files any other way.

--
Collins Richey - Denver Area
if you fill your heart with regrets of yesterday and the