On 08/13/03 16:04, Michael Hipp wrote:

Joel Hammer wrote:

Thanks for the scan. These ports I expected to be open, except for 1024
(kdm). I just wonder why ShieldsUp didn't detect these ports. It looks like
I was inviting the world to log onto my X server. I have never found anyone
doing this. It is password protected. I have to conclude that ShieldsUp is bogus.

It's not bogus. Mr. Gibson is well respected and his site is widely used. Dunno why it didn't work properly on your system. I might guess that it misidentified your IP address, or perhaps the fact that the Internet has been only half working all day caused it to timeout.

No, its definitely the website. Its never done a very reliable or thorough port scan. I've played with that site quite a few times over the past few years, and its never produced results that coincided with what nmap provided.

-- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ L. Friedman [EMAIL PROTECTED] Linux Step-by-step & TyGeMo: http://netllama.ipfox.com

4:15pm up 29 days, 18:56, 1 user, load average: 0.37, 0.16, 0.20