Alma J Wetzker wrote:

Aaron Grewell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Mon, 11 Aug 2003 21:31:26 -0700

On Sat, 09 Aug 2003 19:54:44 -0500
Ben Duncan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> emitted these signals:

I set up a Mosix one about 2 years ago for a trade show.
Not a problem and I really liked it.

Another vote for Mosix. My office workstation is currently a Mosix
cluster. I got tired of my compiles bogging the CPU (made my MP3's
skip), so I grabbed a couple of spare machines and lashed them all
together with Mosix. Now when I run a compile it runs on the unloaded
CPU's instead of the one with all my eye-candy on it. Who needs XFCE? I just add nodes! ;) Just make sure the other nodes are in the other
room, otherwise it gets a bit loud. It will also keep you warm in
winter.

It sounds like I need to give that a try. I live in Minnesota so keeping warm in the winter is a serious consideration! ;)

Dumb question here ...

Are you guys talking about Mosix http://www.mosix.org/ or openMosix http://openmosix.sourceforge.net/ ?

Michael