On Wed, Aug 20, 2003, Michael Hipp wrote:
>Net Llama! wrote:
>
>>In RH9, aclocal is in /usr/bin, and is part of automake-1.6.3.
>
>I assumed it was looking for the directory with the *.m4 stuff in it.
>The thing in /usr/bin/alocal is the binary.
>
>I tried adding -I /usr/bin to the export with unchanged results.
>
>Any thoughts appreciated ...

The automake, autoconf, libtool programs can be a bit of a bitch
to get right, particularly if the software you're building tests
the limits (e.g the amd automounter).  Typically this type of
problem can be fixed with some combination of the following
commands before running ./configure which should make sure that
everything's in sync with the versions of automake, autoconf, and
libtool installed on your system:

        libtoolize -c -f
        aclocal
        automake
        autoconf
        ./configure ...

Bill

``We maintain that the very foundation of our way of life is what we call
free enterprise,'' said Cash McCall, "but when one of our citizens
show enough free enterprise to pile up a little of that profit, we do
our best to make him feel that he ought to be ashamed of himself."
                -- Cameron Hawley