On Fri, Aug 22, 2003, Kurt Wall wrote:
>Which pretty much removes ESR and RMS from the running. :-) That
>said, self-promotion notwithstanding, ESR is very good at making
>complex technical issues clear. However, this is not about complex
>_technical_ issues, but, rather, about IBM's alleged contract
>violoations. SCOs trial-by-press-release is calcualated attempt
>to cloud the core legal issue: did IBM subvert the contract or not?

Lawyers and judges in the U.S. today really don't want people on the juries
who are bright enough to understand how they're being manipulated.  They
most certainly don't want people who understand jury nullifcation.

It appears to me that the SCO folks like Darl may be trying to establish a
possible insanity defense if they're ever charged with attempting to
manipulate their stock price.  Their most recent charges that IBM is
orchestrating the opposition is about the most ridiculous thing I've heard
in ages.  Come to think of it though, this may be an indication that it
really is Microsoft that's behind much of SCO's posturing considering that
it was found that M$ was in fact paying people to write letters to the
editor and similar activities during their anti-trust trials.

Bill
--
INTERNET:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Bill Campbell; Celestial Systems, Inc.

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases:
If it moves, tax it.  If it keeps moving, regulate it.  And if it stops
moving, subsidize it -- Ronald Reagan