On Fri, 2003-08-22 at 15:21, Bill Campbell wrote:
<snip>

> It appears to me that the SCO folks like Darl may be trying to establish a
> possible insanity defense if they're ever charged with attempting to
> manipulate their stock price.  Their most recent charges that IBM is
> orchestrating the opposition is about the most ridiculous thing I've heard
> in ages.  Come to think of it though, this may be an indication that it
> really is Microsoft that's behind much of SCO's posturing considering that
> it was found that M$ was in fact paying people to write letters to the
> editor and similar activities during their anti-trust trials.
<snip>
An insanity defense makes a certain amount of sense.  Perhaps, however,
the recent lunatic ravings of Darl McBride to the SCO forum members that
IBM is orchestrating the open source response to the SCO -v- IBM suit
may have a less obvious purpose - a first strike to divert attention
away from the puppeteers at Microsoft who are pulling SCO's strings,
i.e. lie first, lie loud, lie often and repeatedly, and chances are good
- well, you get the picture.  Out of curiosity, except for a few reports
of cash infusions for useless licenses and outdated tech, there seems to
have been a fair amount of silence on the MS/SCO connection.  Any ideas
why?

- Rich Thompson