Aaron Grewell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Wed, 27 Aug 2003 13:10:36 -0700
Ben Duncan wrote:
Ok, did that. I have been testing some more.

This GETS weird. All files GOING thru the Laptops ftpd services
take about 4 seconds EACH regardless of size.

ie. a 20MB file transfered in 4 seconds, a 20K file - 4 seconds, a 1K file
4 seconds, and a (GET this !!!) 40 BYTE file - 4 seconds.

Now the LARGEST I have played with, has been the 20MB file.

Well, it's a 100MB network, right? Probably without any other traffic, too. Try an ISO or something like that. It probably takes a few seconds to handshake and all that. Are you sure the 20MB file came through alright? It didn't get truncated or anything?

This is probably totally off base. Have you checked for dropped packets on the eth0 card? It sounds like data is moving well but the control port is having problems with the next file to transfer for the directory.

Just a thought...

-- Alma