On Tue, Sep 16, 2003, Allan Rabenau wrote:
>I just installed a big Firewire HD & Firewire PCI Card into my Gateway
>G6-450 running RH 9.0.  Boot sees and initializes the Ieee1394 card &
>interface, but I can't locate the HD, in order to add it to /etc/fstab.
>Can anyone give me any help?

The first thing to do is look at ``dmesg'' output to see if it's being
recognized.  Do this after turning the drive off for 20 seconds or so, then
turning it back on.  You should see something talking about sbpxxx and
/dev/sd[abcd] (pseudo scsi devices).

After you see that, ``fdisk -l /dev/sd[abcd]'' on the appropriate device
will probably show you a FAT file system.  You will probably want do delete
that partition, then add a Linux partition, then finally make an
appropriate file system using mkreiserfs or whatever you prefer.

Bill

DOS: n., A small annoying boot virus that causes random spontaneous system
     crashes, usually just before saving a massive project.  Easily cured by
     UNIX.  See also MS-DOS, IBM-DOS, DR-DOS.