Hi,

I'm in the process of setting up our network at work, as the Feds unplugged our old
one. We have a Cisco PIX 515 firewall (not ours) between the router and our LAN with a
DMZ port.

I have a DNS server in the DMZ to answer external queries. DNS is NATted from an
external IP (68.72.56.147) to the DMZ (192.168.100.0/24). The DNS is supposed to
answer queries from the outside address, and allow zone transfers to our off-site
secondary. The strange thing is that a query to the DNS server from itself
(poplar.reclamation.dnr.state.in.us) gives it's correct address (68.72.56.147). From
our secondary and other nameservers "out there", it resolves to it's DMZ address,
which of course,  is non-routable.

Any help to point me in the right direction on how to correct this would be most
appreciated.

TIA,

John V.

John Voigt - K9GBO