On 09/19/2003 07:53 AM, David A. Bandel wrote:

<snip>

Sorry for the late reply.

I assume you're doing split horizon.

Basically. The DMZ DNS answers to the Internet, and the mail server forwards mail to an internal mailhost. I'm just using plain IP addresses in the DMZ at the moment. The internal server does mail and DNS for the LAN clients. This will probably change a bit at some point, but for now it works.

Which DNS server?  If BIND9, what
are entries for your differing views?

Ciao,

David A. Bandel

Using BIND 9.2.2. Since I've split the DNS, I don't have any views set up.

I dug around and found two problems: first is the PIX address mangling issue in my other message. The second was that our parent domain admin is doing round-robin DNS between two servers, and he forgot to increment his serial numbers when he delegated our subdomain. DNS queries would only work about half the time.

Tnaks,

John V.
--
  _/- John Voigt - K9GBO -----|- Registered Linux User #38558 --_/