I am sending this to both lists due to the discussion not moving to 'general'
where it shouild be by now. Doubtless Doug will step in shortly and wield the
stick, or will Meinherr Kurt enbolden himself: befelen ist befelen <grin>.

Being that I am an Australian 'looking in', I think the term SS was a misnomer
and an ill advised usage. If we are to equate apples with apples then the
Geheimstatzpolitzi : Gestapo would be a better choice of words. However most
internal intelligence agencies then and now: again wartime abwer (the spelling
is incorrect but the memory is faulty) was a nearer example to MI6, CIA and
NSA than any other german organisation. I am sure as Alma says that you would
know the difference if you had the Satzi or Gestapo instead of what you do
have.

Yes we do have a sort of 'Big Brother' system looking over our shoulders these
days, but no one, as far as I know, sees friends or relatives disappear
overnight, not to be seen ever again. Mind you I am also sure that in both
the US and UK, it could be arranged it the right political atmosphere was
present. It is up to each and everyone to make sure it does not. With what I
see on TV: that which is fed to us is mostly what the estabishment both wants
us to see and act on (propaganda).

The recent Iraqi incident, the lead up to it and the brave poiticians (sheep)
who followed: Australia and the UK are as much to blame for the outcome as is
The Bush administration.

Again as Alma said, she is scared: that is exactly what the politicians and
the terrorists want us to be, so as we can be controlled/cajoled. From the
age of 6 to 22 I was either bombed, shot at, ordered to kill or be mindless.
I left the UK because I was sick of all that. Now I have no fear of terrorism
and have nothing but contempt for politicians and government. The
intelligence services have been self serving in the past and I cannot see
them changing now, no matter what name they have.

Having typed all that 'bilge water' my arthritis is not giving me hell in both
shoulders, my fingers are tired, as for my [EMAIL PROTECTED]&^%(*^)
@[EMAIL PROTECTED]@^ (noise)

--
Keith Antoine (GANDALF) aka 'SKIPPY'
18 Arkana St, The Gap, Queensland 4061, Australia:: PH:61733002161