I have a network of WinXX PC's with a single Linux box
acting as the gateway/firewall/dhcp server/e-mail
server/etc.  My Linux box connects to the ISP via 128K
ISDN dial-up line (too far away for DSL and cable is
N/A).

When I first connect the Linux box to the ISP, I can:
1) Use the Linux box to traceroute to everything (the
ISP blocked ICMP so I can't ping outside their
network).
2) Use the Linux box to browse the web (using Lynx).
3) Use the WinXX PC's to browse the web to "some"
sites (google, domains hosted by ISP, etc.)

When I first connect the Linux box to the ISP, I can
not:
1) Use the WinXX PC's to tracert beyond the first two
hops, Linux box is first and the ISP's router is the
second.
2) Use the WinXX PC's to browse the web to anything
"big" such as Yahoo!, ABCNews, FoxNews,
WeatherChannel, etc.

After a while (sometimes 5 minutes, sometimes 20 or
more) I begin to lose some functionality.  Such as
traceroute from Linux to the world or pinging the
ISP's router, etc.  The ISDN Terminal Adapter (i.e.,
modem) sends the requests, the SD light goes on, but
never receives a reply, no RD light.

I've been experiencing this problem for the last week
to 10 days.  Does anyone have any thoughts as to what
might be the cause?  I've replaced some hardware
including the hub and cabling and I've tried using an
analog modem but the same problem persists.  The Linux
box has been running for a very long time without any
changes.  (For those of you heavily in the Windows
world, a user rebooted the Linux box the other day to
see if it would fix the problem but it, obviously,
didn't.)

TIA,
Brad.