On Monday 03 November 2003 04:18 pm, Rick Sivernell's voice rose above
the ones in my head and stated:
> lIST
>
>   I have a Dell Latitude cpx laptop. I have a pcmcia lan card now
> running perfectly, but a school they have setup a wireless system. It
> will auto on systems, my question is leave the lan pcmcia at home and
> use the wireless at school, what do I need to do to make this work?
> Can I do this, I assume so. I can get a new netgear wireless for
> $70.00, is this too much?

If they are using encryption you generally need the passphrase or
encryption codes to gain access to the wireless network.  As far as
cards go, I would recommend getting Orinoco.   They right around the
same price as the Netgear and I've have had good experiences with them.
And make sure you get the same 802.11 standard your school is using or
a multi standard card (which are more expensive).

--
Tom Wilson
Reg. Linux user# 199331