I still remember back in the early 70's when in college, we got a new computer. I
forget the name, but you programmed it with puncg tape. A demo program asked 10
questions  and you could give simple answers, it would then grade you. Everyone
including the PhD's wanted to be on the machine. Other than reading and pictures,
that was the first real time for e on a computer, good or bad I have been on them
since. My wife thinks her place in life is after all of my machines. That is not
true. but still have to contend with the unwashed here<grin>.  Got the new OO 1.1
and it is some what faster, have not had time to really go through it.

My new linux user is fighting his new Suse system. Can not comprehind the use of
multiple screens, thinks that is a waste of space, says Winders does this &
winders do that. I just grin and tell in a couple of weeks he will refuse to use
winders. I have gotten all of his bussiness data in a windows partion of Fat.
Will start tommorrow on setting up wine. Found he has been trying to run systems
on 96 m of memory. Yes it is doable, but slow, we upgrade that tommorrow also. He
has a HP Pavillion with an 400 mHz celeron cpu. They do sell crap out there.
Sooner or later, he will upgrade machies, I get that too. put 512 m mem with a 3
g Hz P IV, he will be flying high in tall cotton. <g>.  Oh, I just turned 57 here
in Sept. Hope to die doing two things,  ...   Sex & Computers

cheers

--
Rick Sivernell
Dallas, Texas  75287