Matthew Carpenter wrote:
Anyone have any experience with SBC Yahoo DSL and Linux?  I believe it's
PPPoE setup but I can't figure out how to generate or find a username and
password...  Then, I'm attempting to use an ethernet card to plug into the
DSL Modem.  So far I've seen nothing.  SBC Yahoo wants you to install their
DSL Dialer software from CD...  Anyway, if you have any advice, that would
be great!

I've installed it several places. It's standard PPPoE. The hard part is getting the username/password out of them. I never found a way except to install that HORRID Yahoo software on a disposable Win box just so I could get into their server and get a username/password assigned. Then chunk the Win box and plug the info into a router or whatever.

If there is a way to get them to assign the username/password without logging in with all that awful Yahoo software, I'd like to learn about.

Michael