On Tuesday 11 November 2003 04:02 pm, Collins Richey wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 14:01:57 -0600 "Andrew L. Gould" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> wrote:
> > So yes, he had a hand in many of today's circumstances; however, I choose
> > to disassociate today's SCO from Ransom Love's Caldera that created
> > eDesktop 2.4. (Ahh, the memories of my early newbiness.)
>
> Speaking of which, I was wandering through a MicroCenter store just
> yesterday and found a copy of Caldera OpenLinux between the RedHats and
> SuSEs.  Shades of yesteryear.

SCO has ceased it's Linux sales.  If you buy that copy of OpenLinux, do they
still have to support you?  Does the fact that they didn't effectively
withdraw the product from the shelves affect the lawsuit?  Or is the product
now considered MicroCenter's responsibility?  Given the lawsuit, is
MicroCenter have any liability if SCO is right?  Maybe MicroCenter will
reduce the price if you tell them there's no support and they're selling an
IP lawsuit.

There's a local computer shop here that's had Corel Linux, 2nd Edition (one
standard, one deluxe), on their shelves since I moved here over a year
ago.........at the original price.  I tried to clue the management in on the
product's status; but the manager I spoke to has never heard the term "sunk
cost".

Andrew Gould