On Sun, 16 Nov 2003 13:09:26 -0800
Bob Hemus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The server from which I receive my mail started using <postini.com>

never heard of that one

> for a mail filter.  Up 'til yesterday they mostly screened spam with
> an occasional virus, may one or two a week.  Starting late Thursday
> through Friday there were 29 messages that they had flagged for spam.
>   Have you folks been bombarded like that?

No, my servers only flag spam, not viruses, and flag/reject about that
many an hour (on each server).

> I just downloaded my mail again and their was another "patch" for M$
> with this header:
>
> Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 08:28:19 +1200 (FJT)
> From: "MS Corporation Network Security Section"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: "Consumer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Last Upgrade
>
> Is this a new worm, virus, t-horse, or?
> Bob

Yes, it's a virus.  M$ doesn't e-mail patches.  But given that each of
my mail servers sees them at the rate of 100+/day (to various users),
there are a _lot_ of gullible M$ users out there.  That's a sustained
rate during the past two months, BTW.  It was worse when it first
started.

Hmmm.  Gullible M$ user.  Sorry for the redundancy.

David A. Bandel
                Nemesis Racing Team motto
GPG key autoresponder:  mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]