--- Kevin Penrose <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Net Llama,
> An honor to communicate with you!

An honor?  You are way too kind.  I'm just the poor schmuck who couldn't
figure out a modem problem.

Turns out that this was purely a hardware issue.  Did some more digging
and found out that only 1 of the 4 PCI slots will provide a dedicated
IRQ.  I had tried all but that 1 slot  :)

Switched the modem to that slot, and I was good to go.  Your (Kevin)
setserial command then did the trick without any problems.  Thanks to
all for taking the time to look at this issue.

-Lonni

=====