This particular virus grabs a file from the user's hard drive, appends
itself to that file, and sticks an extension (.pif, .com, .lnk--and several
others) that allow it to execute--then sends that file as an attachment,
and the

Just a nuisance unless you unthinkingly RUN it...the good thing about it
working with Outlook Express.  There are things that attack Outlook (you
know, the one that's part of Office) that can run automatically when you
look at the mail.

At 12:41 AM 7/25/01 +0800, you wrote:
>I got the same mail.
>The .pif file extension indicates that it is an executable file for the
>windows system. Most of the currently spreading viruses belong to this
>category.  -- I believe that it is some kind of trojen.
>
>:-)
>Auyeung

Stuart Biggerstaff

Linda Hall Library