You will need the QT 2.3.0 if you upgrade to KDE2.1.1 or higher.  If you are
going to keep/use any KDE1.1.2 programs, you will need to keep QT 1.44.  QT
2.x is not backward compatible to QT 1.xx.  Likewise when QT 3.x is release
early next year, it will not be backward compatible to QT2.x.

Jim

--

  3:42pm  up 5 days, 16:16,  3 users,  load average: 0.07, 0.21, 0.25