Are you talking about the partitions, or the physical drives?  If the
drive recognition in Linux isn't matching reality, then you've got a
BIOS issue.  If its a partition issue, then its a Linux and/or BIOS
problem.  Either way, first stop should be in the BIOS to see how the
drives are recognized.

=====