On Fri, 31 Aug 2001 16:45:56 +0700 Collins Richey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> On Sat, 1 Sep 2001 01:00:17 +1130 Mike Andrew <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
> > On Thursday 30 August 2001 09:47, Collins Richey wrote:
> >
> > > the IDE screens - just little boxes.  If you hoverover an icon,
> > the
> > > help text appears, and you get the desired action when you click
> > in
> > > the box.
> > [sniip]
> >
> > the path to the <icon directory> is not set in your user
> > environment. I know
> > nothing about Wide, your description is typical of this 'error'.
> >

> As it turns out, I have the specified PATH and variables exported
> that
> the package recommends, and most of the icons do appear.  There is
> one
> panel, however, with blank icons.  I've sent mail to the developer.

Well, the developer returned my mail.  Difficult to understand, but
the problem with all my icons for Wide and the splash screen for xfce
is:  running X in color depth 16.  Now I've switched to color depth 24
(Netscape will probably croak), and everything is much better.

--
Collins Richey
Denver Area