Folks,

I'm running SuSE 7.2 with KDE 2.1, on a Celleron 600 MHz PC with 256MB RAM,
and four hard drives (21 partitions -- lots of disk space).

I've been trying to get SWAT to work so I can more easily configure my home
network.  For now let us ignore the security issues of running KDE as root.

According to the O'Reilly "Using Samba" book this is simply a matter of
making sure that 901 is set to swat in the /etc/services file, and then
pointing a browser to http://localhost:901 .  However, my browser
(Konqueror) is not accepting this.  It will access local host, but it says
it cannot connect to the localhost:901 URL.  I'm sure there is something I'm
forgetting here -- something simple like starting some daemon.  Anyone have
any clues?

   In Harmony's Way, and In A Chord,

   Tom  :-})

| Thomas A. Condon        email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] |
| Computer Engineer       phone: (360) 315-7609            |
| Barbershop Bass Singer    Sailor and Singer of Chanties  |
| Left Handed and In My Right Mind                         |