On Tuesday 04 September 2001 5:02 pm, Mark Heinrich wrote:
> When I was using KDE 1.1.2, I was able to effectively restrict my kids use
> of the internet under there own login by limiting Netscape use to the
> family login only.  Since they only use Netscape for the internet it worked
> OK.  With Konqueror being the primary internet source in KDE 2.1.2 it's not
> so easy.  Can I restrict the places Konqueror can see based on login?  If
> not, what other techniques can I use to restrict internet access.  TIA

I'm afraid that at present Konqueror can't do the kind of restriction you are
talking about, although on the kde development lists there is an ongoing
discussion about possibly including this feature in KDE 3.  I believe that
some people are against it as being a restriction on personal freedom.

Pam
--
UK Linux Step by Step mirror: http://www.pam.roberts.btinternet.co.uk/sxs/