My son has succumb to pressure from the old man to use linux full time (that
and he couldn't get windows to install for some reason and I refused to help
him...). So taking in the advice of dep's latest .comment on linuxplanet, I'm
trying to be a good guru. Unfortunately, he's asked a question that I don't
know the answer to.
He's downloaded a couple of mozilla nightlies and has liked what he's seen.
His initial comment was something like, "wow, that's fast". Of course, the
last time he tried Mozilla was probly two months ago. Anyway, I walked him
thru downloading a nightly tar binary and extracting it to a local folder to
run and he seemed happy with that. Now, though, he wants to automate the
process.
So he asked me if it could be done and how. I told him that I'm sure it could
be done, but I don't know how. SO the task at hand is to downoad the latest
mozilla nightly and untar it to a local folder autmatically every night. Any
scripting gurus out there wanna share their expertise with a budding 13-year
old linux geek?

Thanks,
Tim