Douglas J. Hunley wrote:

> On Friday 07 September 2001 13:13, Tim Wunder babbled:
>
>>Look for
>>burnproof technology as well.
>>

> have you actually gotten Linux software to use the BurnProof technology? I
> never could... but I didn't need it either, so it never really mattered

No. My drive doesn't support it, I got it about 3 or 4 months before it became
all the rage. I've got a buddy who swears by it (and Plextor), but he's a
winders user. The latest versions of xcdroast, gcombust, and koncd seem to
support it. I haven't really run into problems burning without it, but I tend
to burn at 4x even though the drive is supposed to support 6x, so I've never
really stressed the drive.