On Wednesday 12 September 2001 1:21 am, dep wrote:
>  "yeah, they do, in the chapter that says 'stay in
> salisbury.'"

Had my own experience with Salisbury...    Had get-home-itis.  Took off at a
45 degree angle *across* the runway because the wind was so strong.  Headed
north to Danbury and was surprised when ATC took me right over JFK at about
4000 when I had expected them to send me out over the Atlantic.

Made it home ok but learned later that 3 (count 'em)  3 airliners had gone
down that day on the East coast  (the one in Front Royale and a 727 up at
Stewart and one other I can't remember) and I guess ATC didn't want to lose
some little puddle jumper in the Atlantic that day.