--- Roger Oberholtzer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> | > advised by the
> | > to say that I
> | >
> | > If they want to investigate something, there's a Ponzi Scam
> | > that's been
> | > going on since the mid '30s in which huge amounts of money
> | > have been taken,
> | > and use to buy votes.  It's called Social Security.
> |
> | What does social security have to do with unscupulous business
> owner's
> | feeding off a panic and increasing their profits off it?  They
> should be
> | prosecuted and ran out of business.
>
> I was to fly to Riyadh tommorrow and have decided to wait a week.
> British
> airways is charging me to rebook my ticket. Small thing, but given
> that as I write this there are still no trans-Atlantic flights to the
> US
> from Europe and travel within Europe is just as confused as it is the
> in US,
> I would think they would be happy to have some people get out of the
> way
> while there are too few flights.
>
> Not gouging, but it still does not taste right.
>
> And I'm also not too sure I trust my travel agent on this one. Maybe
> BA
> are not at fault here.

Unfortunately, since you are not:
1) A US citizen
2) flying a US airline
3) flying anywhere in the US

the Federal Aviation Authority (FAA)'s recent ruling most likely does
not apply to you.  THeir ruling was that anyone with a ticket for a
flight that is/was schedueled to depart on 9/11, 9/12, 9/13 or 9/14 has
the right to request that it be rescheduled to *any* later date or
request a full refund without any financial penalty whatsoever.
My wife was scheduled to fly from San Francisco to Pittsburgh, PA on
9/12 (wednesday morning) and her flight was obviously canceled.  She
quickly rescheduled it for wednesday evening, and that too was canceled.
 So at that time she rescheduled it for late October.

=====
Lonni J. Friedman                          [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Linux FAQ & Step-by-step help:     http://netllama.ipfox.com

                                                 .