On Friday 14 September 2001 09:58, Bruce Marshall wrote:

| Very well put.   I've always wondered why we didn't give the
| Japanese the 'demo' version first....    as in:  fire the bomb off
| about 5 miles offshore where it would have done much less damage
| but yet show its force.

because a.) we only had two of them and b.) it took both to bring
japan down, and c.) we were by no means certain that they would go
off. this from my old friend richard feynman, who was part of the
manhattan project (and who won a nobel prize in physics), who was by
no means a war monger -- his best friend in the project was klaus
fuchs -- but who went out of his way not to apologize.
--
dep

one day, you'll wish it was now.
your wish has been granted.