On Fri, Sep 14, 2001 at 09:30:51PM -0400, Bruce Marshall wrote:
..

>Exactly.  One of the things we *must* give up is the thought that we must be
>liked by the world.  As long as what we do is correct and proper,  let the
>world think what it wants.

Machiavelli pointed out that you last a lot longer of the people in a
position to harm you fear you than if they love you.  Fear is often a
stronger motivation than greed.

Bill

Government spending?  I don't know what it's all about.  I don't know
any more about this thing than an economist does, and, God knows, he
doesn't know much.
                -- Will Rogers