On Thu, 27 Sep 2001 00:25:46 -0600
Kurt Wall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I did compile KDE2.2 with it. I have a feeling that it worked better than
2.95.3, which I used with kde2.2.1.

Note one thing: gcc 3.0 added a new runtime library to the picture:

        libgcc.so

Or some similiar name. Programs compiled with 3.0 will need to have this
library installed on the machines where they should run.

I found out the hard way:

 I installed gcc 3.0

 I compiled kde 2.2

 I removed gcc 3.0

 kde2.2 broke: none of the programs could find the libgcc, which I
  brilliantly removed along with gcc 3.0.

Do an ldd on a program compiled with gcc 3.0 and you will see this
new dependency.