burns wrote:

<SNIP>
> > > One board that has shown favorable reviews for quality and reliability,
> > > the ECS K7S5A, which includes AC97 audio (which is supposed to be the
> > > same across al boards is it not?).  "SiS 7012 PCI" are the specs from
> > > the ECS website. And a built-in NIC, which according to the ECS site is
> > > a: "SiS900 PCI Fast Ethernet".
> >
> I am using an ECS card with the TBird. It uses the SiS 735 chipset and it has
> ethernet, graphics, NIC, sound support and a game port. However, I'm not a
> big fan of onboard components (they usually provide cheesy performance), so
> I've disabled them and am using my own add-ons.

I figured as much, I just wondered about the ability to disable them.
Suggested by Jerry, no drivers no IRQ, were you able to disable the
built-ins in the BIOS or how?

I've posed these questions to the vendor I am speaking with, and it's
not that I don't trust the guy, but it's nice to hear these things from
impartial 3rd parties.
--
Linux SxS [http://hal.humberc.on.ca/~mrcn0031/sxs/]