Yeah, Bill ... I'm running Ximian Gnome on a more or less stock eD2.4 install,
or at least it was a stock install when I started my Gnome experiments.  I used
the Ximian install for RedHat 6.x.  Issues were that the bug reporting scheme
and the upgrade scheme had to be heavily messed with to work with Caldera, and
I never did get it to work *quite-right* before I gave up and moved on.  Ximian
produced a Caldera specific install, but quit doing so right around the
time the single seat license policy was announced.  No answer from Ximian as to
THEIR reason for cancelling the package - this was just my observation.

Actually, I've stripped a lot of stuff out of Gnome (Nautilus, Bug Buddy, that
particular version of Mozilla, etc.) and now run the Gnome apps I like under
IceWM.  Works dandy - Gnome, KDE (1.x for now) and X11 apps all seem to coexist
quite nicely and IceWM has a low enough memory overhead that it even seems to
work with these apps faster than in their native ground.  YMMV.

- Rich Thompson