On Fri, 26 Oct 2001, Douglas J Hunley wrote:

> I have a system with an onboard SCSI AIC7xxx Ultra160 Wide adapter. I now
> need to add a PCI SCSI adapter to this system. What card should I buy? I want
> good linux support, nice performance/reliability, no breaking the bank.
> it need to have an external adaptor so I can attach an external drive.
> thanks

And to provide a counter-point to the Adaptec responses, I'd say that SCSI
as a whole seems to be well supported under linux.  I've installed
Single-Ended scsi adapters destined for Sun Microsystem hosts in a RedHat
box and that was detected and configured with no fuss.  I'm partial to
AdvanSys adapters but haven't used them in awhile.  Also Tekram seems to
make a good product.