This might be a wakeup to an older thread of mine, but I'm determined to run
COL vs another distro on my EISA-based system.

The computer is an ancient Compaq Proliant 1500, Dual P166, 224MB RAM.

It has EISA Mach32 video, EISA NetFlex/3 NIC, EISA Inter EtherExpress Pro
NIC, EISA Smart-2/E RAID controller.

I need some decent resources for steps to install on this type of hardware
and have come up with nothing (useful) to date.

I also have a PCI S3 Virge/DX video card, PCI NetFlex/3 NIC, and PCI
Smart-2/P RAID controller.  It seems the only way I have been able to get
_any_ linux varient installed to this beast was by replacing the EISA cards
with PCI cards. Seems most drivers are not very EISA aware, even when I am
specifying where the card is located. (ie insmod=cpqarray eisa=0x5000 still
won't 'see' the card!)

I also have a 9GB drive attached to the internal (NCR/SymBios based) scsi
channel, and would cheerfully attempt an install to this device if it is
deemed 'easier', I will then use the RAID for storage.

I am open to all informed opinions and suggestions. Help!