On Monday 12 November 2001 08:27 am, Ronnie Gauthier wrote:
> Anyone ever convert an access db to sql on linux? Is it doable?

I've gone from access to mysql-win32 which should be pretty much the same
thing.

If your database software has odbc drivers you might be able to export the
data directly from access.  Otherwise you might try exporting the database in
a comma delimited format, or some other format that your database software
can understand.  Failing those two possibilities, you might try creating a
script that'll build the sql statements needed to get the data in at the
other end.

There are some scripts available to help you with the process I think if you
search around.

What database software are you hoping to move over to?
What is the size of the database?

David Aikema