On Wed, Nov 28, 2001 at 10:41:47PM -0500, Joel Hammer wrote:
>It is hard to believe that they wouldn't want to maintain service without
>interruption. After all, we are already installed, and shell out $$ every month
>for the service. We should be a cash cow for somebody.
>This is certainly disgusting, but, that is the capitalist system.
>However, to avoid my email address getting whacked, for $35 dollars a year I
>have my own domain name (HammersHome.com), which won't change even if @HOME
>goes away. I think that is a good investment.

When I installed a Linux system for one of my wife's friends a couple of
months ago I had already set up a domain for her.  The guy installing the
system for AT&T said we were smart not to use their mail system.  She's
never accessed her mail account so I imagine it's full of spam.  All her
mail goes through our servers via uucp over tcp so she never touches the
@home mail system.

Bill

``When dealing with any spammer, one must always keep in mind that you
are dealing with someone who makes their living through forgery, fraud,
theft, subterfuge and obfuscation.  Stated simply, spammers lie.''
     David Ritz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>