Greg Turpin wrote:
% On Wednesday 28 November 2001  8:41 pm, you wrote:
% > It is hard to believe that they wouldn't want to maintain service without
% > interruption. After all, we are already installed, and shell out $$ every
% > month for the service. We should be a cash cow for somebody.
% > This is certainly disgusting, but, that is the capitalist system.
% > However, to avoid my email address getting whacked, for $35 dollars a year
% > I have my own domain name (HammersHome.com), which won't change even if
% > @HOME goes away. I think that is a good investment.
% > Joel
% >
%
% Hmmmm...where did you find such a deal?  Is your mail stored on a remote
% server - or did you have to setup your own server?

Register your domain name with a domain name registrar. Mail that
can't be delivered to you right away gets queued for later delivery.
When your upstream provider goes away, you point DNS at a new provider
and, presto, your mail gets delivered.

Kurt
--
Under every stone lurks a politician.