While watching S. King's IT on tv. tonight... with the wifey ofcourse... I
upgraded my laptop to use ext3.

Once installed, I did a couple of tests... namely... I removed the battery
and then unplugged the wall adpater from the laptop... while in the middle of
a compile session...

Upon reboot, it was proclamed that the root system had to be.... I think it
said "re-journaled"... anyway... an eye blink later I had my laptop back and
ready for use! Amazing! I did this a COUPLE of times and each time the
filesystem check was less than a second or two and this was on a 12gig file
system! The same fsck on a 12gig ext2 would last forever...

I'm royally impressed!

And the movie stunk...

Cheers all and goodnight.