On Sunday 09 December 2001 16:57, you wrote:
> On Sunday 09 December 2001 9:42 am, Collins Richey wrote:
> > Make sure you get 2.4.16+ (at least 2.4.17-pre1.  2.4.16 causes
> > filessystem corruption (all fs types).
>
> Interesting..   I've been running  ext2 on  2.4.16  for a couple of weeks
> now.   No problems.

One thing to check out is the block copying capability. I was on the Mandrake
crashtesting list while they were running the Reiserfs and jfs for 8.1. IIRC,
both systems could be broken by large (100Mb+) copying. They were up to
kernel 2.4.12.  Standard installs broke. Reiser could be installed in a
nonstandard way which allocated more space, and jfs was dropped because we
could break it, and there was nothing could be done about it..

--
        Regards,

        Declan Moriarty

Applied Researches - Ireland's Foremost Electronic Hardware Genius

        A Slightly Serious(TM) Company

Experience is like a comb,
that Life gives you - AFTER all your hair has fallen out!