Douglas J Hunley wrote:

> I need help debugging a "CNAME and other data error".. takers?

Ask away.  I happen to have the O'Reilly book here.

The book says your zone file is broke (bet you knew that).  You've given a
name a CNAME record (made an alias), and also other records which is
illegal since the NS will follow the CNAME record to the cannonical name.
Other records for the alias aren't accessible.  Here's the example:

terminator2    IN    CNAME    t2
terminator2    IN    MX       10 t2
t2             IN    A        192.249.249.10
t2             IN    MX       10 t2

So if you ask for the MX for terminator2, the NS will follow the CNAME
record and give you the MX for t2.  There's no way to get to the
terminator2 MX, so it complains.  Probably you can just remove any other
records for entries that have a CNAME.

HTH,
Dave