Well, its occuring because the new aic7xxx driver utilizes a maximum tag
queue depth of 255 tags. Your devices are supporting only a maximum tag
count of 110, so it's throttling it downward. Also these 'error'
messages should only appear once and no more (until a reboot).

I know this isnt' really answering your quesion, but its all i can come
up with at the moment.  Unfortunately, i only have 1 box here at home
that is SCSI, and it has a Symbios controller, not an Adaptec.  Later
this week, when i'm back at work, i can poke around on one of the boxes
that has an Adaptec controller, and see if i can find some kind of /proc
setting for this.  Which kernel version is this, anyway?

=====