On December 27, 2001 08:59 pm, David Aikema wrote:

> I see there's an invalid argument error listed there... does this error
> mean that the program is incapable of getting the webcam's capabilities?
> Is there than any way that I can manually set things such as resolution?
>
> I've looked through the SxS, and the man pages pages for v4l-conf and xawtv
> but had no luck.

Kinda weird to reply to my own message but I dug up some info in the kernel
docs: http://www.linuxhq.com/kernel/v2.4/doc/usb/ov511.txt.html

Apparently xawtv needs to be build from source, altering a few parameters
from the looks of things.  Might be something to add to the SxS if this
works, although the author didn't mention encountering those problems.

David Aikema