Tony Alfrey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> On Wednesday 02 January 2002 06:25 pm,Net Llama wrote:
> > --- Tony Alfrey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> <snip>
[snip]

> > Most likely true.  At least i don't feel the need to go 20MPH as soon
> > as the first rain drop hits the road.
>
> Naw, us natives just speed up to avoid the touristas. ;-)

Avoid 'em????  I thought the idea was to bag one.  8^)  Personally, I was
born here in California, left in early teens, and bounced from Denver,
Colorado to Portland Oregon.  Then into the Air Force & off to lots of
lovely places, including two years practice in real cold - Fairbanks,
Alaska.

Worst thing about California drivers in any sort of weather other than
dry is that half of them go 20 mph - and the other half go 90!  Inevitably,
some of them meet on the freeway, usually during rush hour...

rickf