Not likely. It's not just the politicians but the so-called system
science bureaucrats. Example: Florida just finished shaving half a
billion dollars from the budget. I suggested to the governor's office,
his budget office, state purchasing office that they forgo Win XP and
the upgrade of many of the state's computers that XP would require and
identify where Linux would be better suited as a way to save money.
Additionally, many state agencies pay outside contractors to develop
speciality software which they then lease back to the state even though
Florida paid to have it developed. Linux would save the state a bundle.
Unfortunately, it would mean that the state's system science people
would have to learn something new and might even be required to write
some of those special programs. Then there is the cost of lost revenue
to outside contractors that a loss of lease payments would bring. The
result: Windows stays firmly entrenched and the taxpayers get to support
MS's lawyers and political campaign contributions.