On Wed, 9 Jan 2002 20:34:17 -0800
Ken Moffat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>       Well, after a nights rest, and rebooting, ELX seems to be running much
> better, not sluggish any more, and I'm starting to like it. It does have a
> windows like feel, too much for me, but you can still ignore that if you
> want, and it did a fine job of setting up with my hardware and networking
> with my old win95 box. (Played with samba for a while to get it set up).
> Kylix 2 OpenEdition runs well on it. Anyone tried Kylix1 on elx? I had a
> problem yesterday installing it, it stalled at building the font matrix.
> But maybe I'll try it again, since elx is running much better now.    I
> do miss the choice of window managers on Libranet, which is my favorite
> distribution. IceWM, xfce, kde, gnome, enlightenment, windowmaker,
> blackbox, probably more I'm forgetting... Elx has kde, gnome, twm, period.

I'm glad to hear that someone else was please with the elx distro.  I think they did a
fancy job.  A simple visit to www.rpmfind.net and you can add xfce, etc. quite easily;
just pick a Rehat type rpm compatible with your PC (I can't use 686, for example).
sfce went in with no complaints.  Once you have a new wm installed, you need to update
/etc/X11/xdm/Xsession and /etc/kde/kdmrc to make the new session type available.

Let me know if you need help.

--
Collins Richey - Denver Area
WWTLRD? - FreeBSD 4.4 + xfce + sylpheed