What it means in SuSe 7.2 and Mandrake is that the box was shut down
before the program had finished shutting down. It may be that 7.3 has a
bug in it that stops program shut down before it has finished and the
first thing it does at reboot is to check the file sysytem to insure
that none of the files have been damaged. The same thing happens
sometimes on my Mandrake/SuSe dual boot. The only way I have of
preventing it is when the program shuts down is to tell it to reboot and
power down duing the bio bootup.

Lee